When you have a test done the doctor or nurse should give you an idea of how long the result will take to come back. To get your results:-
Please phone 0141 882 2222 after 10.00 a.m.
All GP practices are contracted to provide “essential services” – that is, basic treatment for ill people. We also provide the following “additional services”:
- Child Health Surveillance, together with the Health Visiting team.
- Contraceptive services (including fitting and removal of contraceptive implants).
- Maternity services in the antenatal and postnatal period.
- Immunisation for adults in relation to travel. Not all travel immunisations are available on the NHS. If you are travelling in more than 4 weeks time, please complete this Travel Form and hand to the reception team who will arrange the next steps. If you are travelling in less than 4 weeks you will have to attend a private clinic for your travel vaccinations.
- Cervical Smears.
We also hold contracts with NHS GG&C for the following “enhanced services”:
- Flu immunisation for patients who are over 65 or “at risk”
- Pneumococcal immunisation for patients who are over 65
- Childhood immunisation, together with the Health Visiting Team
- Minor surgery including joint injections where clinically appropriate
- Drug clinics and counselling, including Methadone treatment
- Monitoring patients on a range of drugs for arthritis and bowel problems.
- Provision of medical services to registered asylum seekers
- Annual comprehensive reviews for patients with, or at risk of, certain diseases: diabetes, chronic heart disease, stroke, COPD, dementia and multiple sclerosis.
In addition, the practice holds a number of different clinics many of which are run by our experienced Nursing staff in conjunction with the doctors, including:
CHILD DEVELOPMENT (Health Visitor and Doctor)
CHILD IMMUNISATION (Health Visitor)
CHRONIC DISEASE MANAGEMENT REVIEWS (Practice Nurse or Doctor)
NEW PATIENT MEDICALS (Practice Nurse and Doctor)
VACCINATIONS, including flu, polio, tetanus (Practice Nurse)
Please ask at reception for more information regarding these.